Weekday dinners can be stressful, but you'll never have to choose between junk food and fast food and resort to takeout. For working moms, cooking every day can be quite a challenge. Shopping for ingredients, planning menus, and preparing dinner all take time. Dining ahead of time is one of the best ways to deal with this problem. However, this blog is for all moms who want to feed their families with homemade dinners but don't have the time to prepare meals throughout the week to enjoy healthy meals at home.
1. Butter Chicken
Delicious Butter Chicken, also known as Chicken Makhani, is a classic Indian tomato dish. It is very popular with Indians and non-Indians. This dish is a delicious blend of grilled chicken, aromatic spices, velvety tomato sauce and butter.
Butter chicken is a very popular dish in Indian cuisine. Basically, chicken is marinated, grilled, and then cooked in a tomato sauce with butter and cream. The sauce is super creamy and slightly sweet with a nice tandoori flavour. Serve this tender and delicious butter chicken with rice or naan.
Preparing the sauce a few hours in advance makes a difference. Butter chicken can be prepared a day ahead. All you have to do is let it cool completely, then transfer to an airtight jar or container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
The flavor and aroma of this sauce are at their best when freshly cooked. But if you're stuck with time, this is the best thing you can do. Just make sure to follow the recipe as directed.
l 2 pounds diced chicken breast
l 2 cups butter chicken curry sauce (use your favorite brand)
l 2 tablespoons. olive oil
l Basmati rice for consumption
l Coriander for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the butter chicken curry paste and simmer the chicken in the butter sauce for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Serve with basmati rice or naan. Garnish with cilantro.
2. Macaroni and Cheese
Nothing says family time like a classic classic macaroni and cheese recipe! This recipe is tried, tested and loved by everyone in the family, so you might even want to double it and make a batch for yourself!
Macaroni and cheese works best with classic cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Parmesan, but feel free to add your favorite cheeses. For a truly delicious and heartwarming side dish, this Macaroni and Cheese will win everyone over with its creamy and cheesy goodness!
This Baked Mac and Cheese is easy to make and the perfect home-cooked meal for a cozy family dinner or holiday side dish! Macaroni and cheese can be made hours in advance and placed in the oven just before serving.
This recipe is made ahead of time but tastes as fresh as you just made it.
The secret: The cheese is only stirred at the last minute, just before serving. It's the best of both worlds - tacky and fluffy.
1. Once the macaroni and cheese have cooled completely, you can transfer them to a freezer bag or container.
2. When ready to bake, let the plate thaw on the countertop for about 30 minutes.
3. Bake the macaroni and cheese for 30 to 35 minutes at the temperature specified in the recipe
l 1 pound elbow macaroni (16 ounces)
l 5 cups milk (1 ¼ L)
l 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
l 6 tablespoons. unsalted butter
l 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
l ¾ tsp. Black pepper
l ¾ tsp. garlic powder
l 1 tsp. dried mustard
l 1½ tsp. chilli (optional)
1. Cook pasta in milk (not water) according to package directions.
2. Pour off the excess liquid, turn down the heat and add the butter. Then add the cooked pasta. Then stir in the spices. Mix with a spoon or spatula.
3. Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese. Continue stirring for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are well combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!
We know cooking can be a challenge in itself. That's why we've compiled the best recipes for you to try. You can make these ahead of time, freeze them, and serve them when you want a hearty home-cooked meal. If you're looking for more delicious meal ideas, visit our blog for more recipes!